Saturday, October 01, 2005

Groucho snarks proto-muffin: myth or reality?

From snopes.com, the urban legend clearinghouse: The most infamous remark of Groucho's You Bet Your Life years supposedly occurred when he was interviewing a Mrs. Story, a contestant with twenty-two children (reputedly the largest family in America at the time):

GROUCHO: "Why do you have so many children? That's a big responsibility and a big burden."

MRS. STORY: "Well, because I love my children and I think that's our purpose here on Earth, and I love my husband."

GROUCHO: "I love my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while.

True or false? Read the whole story here. D.

1 Comments:

Blogger fin said...

I love that story. Every time I hear it, I laugh out loud.

10/06/2005 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home