Ubersexual -- so that's what I am!
Thanks to Beth for pointing me towards Sandy Oakes's Romancing the Blog post, Ubersexuals. At last, I find someone who understands my true nature. Let's see how I stack up. According to Marsha Saltzman's book The Future of Men, the Ubersexual
- "embraces his masculine qualities (the M-ness factor) which includes confidence, leadership, passion and compassion." Yup, that's me, all the way. Just ask Karen.
- "is passionate about causes and principles." Check.
- "treats and respects women as equals, but considers other men his best friends." But my wife is my best friend. Does that make me (gasp!) a metrosexual? Am I less uber for my choice in friends?
- "is sensual and not self-conscious." Sensual, yes, but . . . does worrying about my belly blubber count as self-consciousness?
- "knows 'the difference between right and wrong and will make the right decision regardless of what others around him may think.'" Check.