Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ubersexual -- so that's what I am!

Thanks to Beth for pointing me towards Sandy Oakes's Romancing the Blog post, Ubersexuals. At last, I find someone who understands my true nature. Let's see how I stack up. According to Marsha Saltzman's book The Future of Men, the Ubersexual
  • "embraces his masculine qualities (the M-ness factor) which includes confidence, leadership, passion and compassion." Yup, that's me, all the way. Just ask Karen.
  • "is passionate about causes and principles." Check.
  • "treats and respects women as equals, but considers other men his best friends." But my wife is my best friend. Does that make me (gasp!) a metrosexual? Am I less uber for my choice in friends?
  • "is sensual and not self-conscious." Sensual, yes, but . . . does worrying about my belly blubber count as self-consciousness?
  • "knows 'the difference between right and wrong and will make the right decision regardless of what others around him may think.'" Check.
By my conservative estimate, this makes me at least 70% ubersexual. That's good enough to overturn a Presidential veto -- ubersexual it is! Yippee. This sounds like a good (albeit vaguely Third Reichich) thing. One problem: I don't like being on top. Does that make me an untersexual? D.

7 Comments:

Blogger amanda m. said...

"One problem: I don't like being on top. Does that make me an untersexual?"

No, Doug, that just makes you lazy.

11/13/2005 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

You mean I'm supposed to work at it?

11/13/2005 08:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda wrote: No, Doug, that just makes you lazy.

She beat me to it.

I do think you're sufficiently uber with a nice side of playful. George Clooney could play you in a movie easy.

11/13/2005 09:21:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hah! Reminds me of Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Clooney playing me would be like James Brolin playing Pee Wee. "I don't have to see the movie. I lived it."

11/13/2005 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

canada goose outlet
nhl jerseys
nike shoes for men
ugg boots clearance
basketball shoes
ugg boots
nhl jerseys wholesale
polo ralph lauren outlet
pandora jewelry outlet
coach factory outlet

8/10/2018 02:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Obat Untuk Mengangkat Kanker Payudara Tanpa Operasi said...

Utilizing natural ingredients from nature, can create a wide variety of herbal remedies that are very beneficial for health with natural ingredients authenticity

Pengobatan Kelenjar Getah Bening
Cara Menghilangkan Bopeng Bekas Jerawat
Obat Liver Sampai Sembuh
Cara Alami Mengobati Kanker Pankreas
Pengobatan Tipes Secara Herbal
Atasi Masalah Lambung

8/13/2018 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

yeezys
hermes belt
nike air max 2018
harden shoes
nfl store
jordan shoes
balenciaga shoes
yeezy
curry 5 shoes
nike air max 2019

5/23/2019 09:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home