Wednesday, December 21, 2005

To my reader in Massachusetts, who found me

by searching Yahoo for ball squeezing sex play You know, if you want that sort of thing, you need only ask.
***
But not right now. No one's balls are getting squeezed, not even my own. My back aches, I haven't even begun to think about what I'm going to make for dinner tonight, and I'm tired, even though all I've done is
  • one load of laundry
  • washed last night's dishes
  • cleaned the litter box -- AGAIN (what is it about cats? Don't they ever stop?)
  • threw out several million bags of trash
  • unpacked one of the remaining moving boxes so that Jake could play Impossible Creatures
I've caught up on all of your blogs, commented on many of them, and haven't even cracked open my manuscript. Here I thought I'd be editing like crazy in my time off. Here's a question: Have any of you NaNoWriMo-ers hit perma-snag with your manuscript? I can't find the motivation to reread it, let alone finish it. I'd like to think this is because I'm so disciplined, I'd rather edit Brakan Correspondent, but see two paragraphs ago. One last thought before I brave the supermarket. Go over to Atrios and take the "Does President Bush deserve to be impeached" MSNBC opinion poll. 89% say yes! Too bad the poll is unscientific. D.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jona said...

You're not alone - I've read mine through, and it's fun in parts - but I'm not motivated enough to finish it. Maybe next year ;o)

12/22/2005 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Sabine said...

Hi Doug - I deliberately set mine on the back burner until January. I figured for December I'd write a synopsis (didn't happen). But yes, I'm still motivated, still like the story, and hope to have a good draft of it by the end of March.

I once had someone find my blog looking for "bondage and barber chairs" (!), but mostly they're just stumbling across me by hitting next blog. Most of the search hits are people looking for Joni Mitchell lyrics (and it cheers me to see she still has such a following). Some come looking for Juice Diets, and way back in the summer I posted a little poem about a cute homosexual couple I saw in a restaurant in Toronto. The title was the name of the restaurant, and I get a lot of hits from the same person using the Restaurant name.

12/22/2005 03:52:00 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

My biggest subject-based attractors are the Berkeley-Stanford Big Game, anything related to sex, and (as I've mentioned recently) the Saugeen Stripper. Write a post on the Saugeen Stripper and ping it on the blog search engines (use my BFPINGER button on the side, down below) and your hits will explode.

12/22/2005 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Abbamondi said...

Pertaining to NaNo, I haven't even looked at my 51,000 word manascript since I met the deadline. I don't plan on looking at it until February at the latest; it needs time to stink up my place.

Plus, I have a bunch of other things that I've wanted to work on. So, you are not alone!

12/23/2005 05:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home