Saturday, December 17, 2005

Another evil meme

Thank Suisan for this one. Seven Things To Do Before I Die: You know, I wanted to write a few funny one-liners for that one, but "Before I Die" is such a buzz-kill that I have to take the blasted thing seriously. Sorry, "Go on Southeast Asian sex junket" will have to stay off the list. For now. 1. Go to Europe and wander around to my heart's content. 2. Sell my novel, go on a book tour, and have dozens of screaming teenage girls line up so that I can autograph their breasts. 3. Bake one of those big, fat, fancy pastry things Tony Shalhoub makes at the end of Big Night. 4. Tour the world and meet all of y'all. 5. Watch Michelle Malkin and Ann Coulter bitch-slap each other silly on Meet the Press. That's not a joke. I really want to see that before I die. 6. See my wife regain her health. 7. See my son grow up into a responsible, caring adult. Seven Things I Cannot Do: 1. Speak Chinese (except for "Hoa hoa hoa," which means, "Yeah, yeah, yeah," and "Aya!" which means, "Get outa here!") 2. Program a VCR. 3. Fix my car, or fix any damn thing, for that matter. 4. Not get angry at Jake (that's his suggestion). 5. Respect George W. Bush. 6. Kick ass in a shooter (any Unreal Tournament fans out there?) 7. Die, unless someone chops off my head with one fat mofo of a sword, in which case he'll get all my power. There can be only one! Seven Things That Attract Me To My Spouse (or Significant Other, Best Friend, etc.) 1. Her bravery. 2. She knows how to fix stuff. 3. She's smarter than me. 4. She can balance a checkbook and keep me out of financial trouble. 5. She laughs at my jokes. 6. She's a hell of a critter. 7. She's not repulsed by my body. Seven Things I Say (or Write) Most Often: 1. Jake! 2. Karen, hit the mute. This is funny! 3. Kitty, goddammit! 4. No. 5. Gimme some sugar, baby (inspired by Bruce Campbell, natch). 6. (To patients) What can I do for you today? 7. (To patients) Eeeeeew! Catrina, one of my office staff, has asked me to add: 8. *SIGH* 9. Am I done yet? Seven Books (or Series) I love: 1. The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler 2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 3. Terry Pratchett's Diskworld books 4. John LeCarre's George Smiley novels 5. John D. Fitzgerald's Great Brain books (loved 'em as a kid) 6. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner 7. Martin Cruz Smith's Arkady Renko novels Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again: 1. The Godfather, because it promotes good family values. 2. Truly, Madly, Deeply, for reasons mentioned here. 3. Gross Point Blank, for the screenplay, and for John Cusack, of course. 4. Prophecy, for the screenplay, and for Christopher Walken. 5. Young Frankenstein, because Teri Garr was so yummy. And, I love the scene at the end with the monster in bed with Madeline Kahn. 6. Army of Darkness, for the screenplay, and for Bruce Campbell. 7. The Exorcist, because it keeps getting funnier every time. Seven People I Want To Join In (Be Tagged) 1. My newest pal, Blue Gal. 2. Beth, because I know she'll never forgive me for it. 3. Candy, to punish her for not coming around here lately. 4. Pat Kirby, cuz I know she can dish it. 5. Darla, so she'll take a break from all that theorizin'. 6. Gabriele, so she'll shame us with her list of books she loves. 7. Lilith, cuz she's wonky on pain meds (sorry to hear it, Lili) and needs distraction. D.

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Fucker.

12/17/2005 04:58:00 PM  
Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

Not only am I your new pal, but I like Beth already. Fucker.

12/17/2005 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Sabine said...

Fucker.

Imagine what I would have called you if you'd tagged me!

12/17/2005 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Gawd, Maureen. I was being nice.

As for the rest of y'all (picture me rubbing my chest, saying "Aaaaaaaah.")

12/17/2005 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hey Doug- off topic, but can you go over to Snarkling Clean and read the "Annie's Song" post and tell me what the f***ing hell "radiation luminitis" is? I don't know if I spelled it right. Thanks.

12/17/2005 08:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"7. Martin Cruz Smith's Arkady Renko novels"

Now you're talking.

Laird

12/17/2005 09:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6. Kick ass in a shooter (any Unreal Tournament fans out there?)

Yes, me, and yes! I understand completely. How can someone so enamoured of fantasy violence as me be so sucky at it?????

Joyce

12/19/2005 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Pat Kirby said...

Oh, my. Turn my back and somebody slaps a tag on my big...rear end.

5. Watch Michelle Malkin and Ann Coulter bitch-slap each other silly on Meet the Press. That's not a joke. I really want to see that before I die.

LOL! Ditto, that.

12/19/2005 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I'm dying to know if Joyce is my Joyce (from Berkeley, that is). And before the rest of you get jealous, she's just a good friend.

12/19/2005 06:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home