Sunday, January 08, 2006

Nose to the electron gun

I had hopes that yesterday's post would vault my hits into, if not four-digit territory, at least above-250-hits-a-day territory, but no, I gave you Alan Rickman, and what do you do? You stay away from your computers. You spend time with your families. The nerve. Mind you, the post itself was a shmata, chazzerai, but the comments . . . oy! To die for. I spent the day catching up on my Tangent assignment. With the way my work days have been, I knew that if I didn't post my review today, I wouldn't finish it until next weekend. I'm already late on it, but Eugie is such a sweetie, she hasn't even griped. I can't believe tomorrow is already Monday. I am so not into this work thing. D.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dean said...

I hear you on the work thing. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the day, where I will slave for insufficient wages working on just about the worst database anyone has ever seen for people who are too stupid to be allowed to procreate.

It's a damn wonder I stay so cheerful, I tell you.

1/09/2006 04:46:00 AM  
Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

Oy I'm so glad to have that online Yiddish dictionary I almost plotzed.

1/09/2006 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger Pat Kirby said...

Snape, Snape, Snape! Snape with wings.

I'm sorry. You were saying?

1/09/2006 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I'm self-employed, Dean. It was worse when I wasn't my own boss, but somehow I think it's WORK that has me down.

Blue gal,that's one of the better ones, but there are lots more online ;o)

Pat, the only good moments in that movie were Rickman's. Otherwise feh.

1/09/2006 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Cheney08 said...

Gas, I hope you will join me and the Good Rev. Herbert Lusk II to get Sammy Alito confirmed.

1/09/2006 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Bwahahahahaha!!!

That's a good one, Mel. You ought to ask blue gal to join your crusade, too.

1/09/2006 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

mel, tell the truth. Did you help sneak those preacher guys in to put the goop on the seats?

honestly, I think you're too old for that kind of prank.

1/10/2006 10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home