Friday, October 28, 2005

NaNoWriMo approacheth

We're moving tomorrow, in case you missed my poem, so I doubt I'll have time to blog until the evening. Only then will you learn what body part I accidentally crushed/flayed/pierced in the act of unpacking. (Yeah, right -- like I'm gonna finish unpacking tomorrow. Dream on.) Three days left to plan for NaNoWriMo. My muse is attacking this task with all the fervor of two Mormon boys on bicycles being told, "Park those bikes, boys, come in, and set a spell." Note that my muse is so taxed by NaNoWriMo that she has no energy left over to craft humorous metaphors. Here's a glimpse. Working title: Get Well Soon Blurb: An ambitious young alien plots to make his fortune by abducting Earth's finest greeting card writer. Main character: Pip, a Benevolent*. Highlights: Hollywood snark, clever digs at cyberpunk, surprising plot twists, a hard-as-nails love interest, lots of action, kinky extraterrestrial sex, and more! D. *For everyone out there who is not Debi or Maureen, the Benevolents are Whitley Strieber-style aliens (you know -- Communion?) who have an obsessive fondness for human culture and Earth contraband.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck... it's hard to think of nano-wahtsiting and moving house at the same time...

10/29/2005 01:29:00 AM  
Blogger scott said...

Good luck with the move. It'll be a lot of fun. ;)

10/29/2005 01:30:00 AM  
Blogger Pat J said...

An ambitious young alien plots to make his fortune by abducting Earth's finest greeting card writer.

Is the greeting card writer Pat Cadigan? Because that'd be, you know, weird.

10/29/2005 06:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

At least you have an idea! Dread to think what waffle I shall come up with ;o)

10/29/2005 07:16:00 AM  
Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, you forgot to include me in the list of people who know what Benevolents are. I've read some of TBC, remember? :-)

Good luck with the move and Nano.

10/29/2005 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Sorry Gabriele. Pat, who's Pat Cadigan? I know, I know -- I could google the name, and probably will tomorrow, after I've recuperated.

Thanks, everybody.

Okay, curiosity's killing me, esp since "Pat Cadigan" is a vaguely familiar name. Here I go.

Okay, now that I know who she is, I don't get the joke. (Why didn't I know who she was? Must be my loathing for cyberpunk. Yes, I am a Philistine.)

Deb-um-Jona, best of luck birthing that idea. You'll do it.

10/29/2005 09:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home