Sunday, October 09, 2005

Chicken Run, with rabbits

I had hopes of going to Medford this weekend. That's the big city in this neck of the woods. My jejunum had other plans, so instead of Medford we went to see Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. For those of you not familiar with Aardman's lovable characters, Wallace is a cheese-loving inventor and Gromit is his dog. Gromit doesn't talk (I mean, what could be more ridiculous than a talking dog!) but he likes to knit, drives a mean getaway car, and generally keeps Wallace out of trouble. Wallace and Gromit are in business. Their company, Anti-Pesto, captures the pesky rabbits plaguing local vegetable gardeners. They trap the bunnies humanely, then keep them in their basement, cozy, dry, and well fed. This appeals to the villagers -- we all know how wonky the British get when it comes to small furry things. Wallace comes up with an invention which will brainwash rabbits into no longer liking vegetables. Things Happen, and before long a giant were-rabbit terrorizes the countryside. I'd tell you more, except I dozed through most of the movie. I think it was good. Jake laughed a lot, and Karen says it was better than Chicken Run. Me dozing had more to do with being under the weather & the cat waking me up at 6 AM than anything else. Karen and I love anything Aardman produces. The first thing we ever saw from them was a short entitled Creature Comforts. Apparently, they made a TV series based on Creature Comforts, which leads me to ask: why the hell isn't it on MY television? I want my Creature Comforts! Feeling this crappy (hah! Get it? Crappy!) you'd think I wouldn't get anything done on the manuscript, but you'd be wrong. Editing requires only that I sit in a chair, read, and type. I can do that. I'm also hoping to finish Lilith's novel The Society tonight so that I can have an appropriate post for Smart Bitches Day. Lilith, please don't be mad that I mentioned your book in the same paragraph as the word 'crappy'. D.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyvvie said...

I took my wee one to this over the weekend, we both completely loved it!!!

The hubs was jealous, he got stuck withy the baby. Heeheee!

10/10/2005 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home