Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Karl Rove Resignation Pool

It's fun! It's free! It's patriotic!
The writing may at last be on the wall for Rovewell. This morning, The Huffington Post has a link to this story, which nails Rove squarely as Matt Cooper's source. Rove may be going down -- soon!
Rules: Predict the date that Karl Rove announces his resignation to the press. It's that simple. Here are the nitty gritty details. 1. Give your prediction as a reply to this post. Use conventional nomenclature for dates -- i.e., 00/00/00, or April 14, 1999. "Tomorrow" or similar predictions will be disqualified. 2. Review previous replies to make sure your prediction hasn't already been taken by another player. If things start hopping around here, I'll post a running list of 'taken dates'. 3. If you accidentally choose a date that has already been taken, and that date becomes the winning date, the earliest contestant to choose that date will be the winner. 4. Prizes: If you pick the winning date, I will mail you a brand spanking new copy of Cory Doctorow's urban fantasy, Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town. (If you win, you'll need to email me with your shipping address.) If you pick the winning date, and if you hype this contest on your blog or website, I will also send you a $US 20 gift certificate to Amazon.com, and a copy (through Amazon) of George Orwell's 1984. 5. Hmm. Do I really need to mention that you can only enter once? 6. If Rove never resigns, we all lose. It's about freedom. It's about poetic justice. You can't afford not to play. D. For all the lovely folks at Technorati:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Huber said...

1984? The perfect prize. Okay, lemme look at the calendar.

Okay, Friday, July 15, 2005.

(If I turn out to be right, I'll tell you why I picked that date.)

Jeff

7/10/2005 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Pat J said...

I'm in. I'll go with August 2nd, 2005. Not that I know much about your politix Down There, but hey. Why not.

7/10/2005 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jona said...

I don't really know who Rove is, but I'll play!

Umm, Tuesday 19th July, 2005.

I'll also link to you later, but right now I've got chores calling!

7/11/2005 03:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monday, 18th July...

Of course, I've no idea who this bloke is, but the bastard should resign... next Monday, if he'a any decency...

keith

7/12/2005 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger Charlie on the PA Turnpike said...

Now that I've read the Newsweek article, and have read the WaPo and (what little) the NYTimes has put out, and knowing the fact Karl Rove has testified before the grand-jury, my answer is simple:

He has no reason to resign at all. He has done nothing illegal or unethical.

The big question ought to be: who is the NYTimes protecting by letting their reporter sit in jail? This source has (reportedly) released Judith Miller from her confidential protection (as Rove has done for Matthew Cooper).

Obviously, the NYT isn't protecting Karl Rove....

7/13/2005 06:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home