Sunday, June 19, 2005

Natalie Portman -- shaved

I'm still curious whether outrageous name-dropping can bump traffic. Didn't work using 'Scott Savol', but then, I guess he's old news. The Sunday New York Times has a cool story on the film V, an adaptation of Alan Moore's graphic novel from the 1980s. The movie is slated for release in November. (You might need to subscribe to their site to read the article -- I'm not sure.) Natalie Portman, head shaved, plays V's apprentice, Evie. The NYT story, by Sarah Lyall, makes a good point: "In today's skittish atmosphere, it takes a certain courage - or foolhardiness- to make a film that might be seen as endorsing terrorism, or at the very least, bomb-fueled anarchy. At a time when many studio films avoid what might offend, the makers of "Vendetta" have stepped out onto a lonely limb." My question: when will someone make a movie out of Moore's other classic, Watchmen? D.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat J said...

Watchmen movie due in 2006(?)

Apparently the guy who's currently slated to direct was the director of The Bourne Supremacy. I personally tend to agree with Terry Gilliam's view:

"Trivia: Terry Gilliam considered directing this film as early as 1989, but after several unsatisfactory drafts of the screenplay, decided the material unfilmable as a feature production. Gilliam has said he would consider directing it as a twelve hour miniseries."

6/19/2005 09:11:00 AM  
Blogger Pat J said...

Also: Official Site for the movie.

6/19/2005 09:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to think mentioning Natalie Portman and her shaved head will not cause a considerable bump in traffic, considering it's already old news. Been there, done that, seen the pictures. Two weeks ago, I think.

Methinks you need to read news sources that keep up with the times. Try the Drudge Report. I think he's at least two weeks ahead of the New York Times.

Maybe doesn't share your political outlook, but at least you'll be able to comment on current events in your blog, instead of stuff weeks old.

Or try Dark Horizons. I think that's the site that had the picture two weeks or so ago.

6/19/2005 08:07:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Thanks, guys. Welcome, new media. Don't know how long you've been here, but you'll soon learn I'm at least a few weeks (if not months) behind the times. But I'm such a sucker for traffic that I'll do anything. Even read the Drudge Report. ;o)

6/19/2005 08:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I knew the secret to getting tons of good traffic to your site, I'd share part of it with you.

Alas, all I know is what doesn't work.

6/20/2005 07:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home