Saturday, August 27, 2005

Jump for joy

After the Game, by Kenney Mencher You know what I love best about this one? The expression on the cheerleader's face. What is she thinking? I fell in love with this painting and almost bought it. Instead, we bought one we could hang in our office without fear of giving elderly men angina.
A different sort of exercise
It's fun following the comment thread to PBW's latest writing exercise. Check it out. In brief, the idea is to summarize your current writing project in 25 words or less. Several writers are working on multiple projects. This blows me away. I feel daunted by my ONE project, and here are folks with three, four, or more pans in the fire. Meanwhile, I'm thinking editing doesn't feel like the best word for this activity. Crawling is a better word. Crawling through molasses studded with fire ants.
Buffalo burgers tonight
Why? Because no one freaks out over mad buffalo disease. Here's the recipe: 1 lb ground buffalo 1 package Lipton's onion soup mix 1 egg Several turns of freshly ground black pepper Combine thoroughly. Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator at least one hour. Cook 'em over coals. No, not under the oven broiler, you heathen. Some people. D.

9 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

"Animal Farm in space." Great answer. If asked, I have no idea what I'd say about my own stalled (temporarily, let's hope) project.

8/27/2005 06:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug, I was in the theatre for years. And that picture is, hands down, the GAYEST thing I have ever seen.

8/27/2005 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

So he's not a football player, but one of those guy cheerleaders? That would explain his teensy muscles.

8/27/2005 09:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks unimpressed, that's for sure... and yes, he does look a happy chap... and what are the two in the car doing?

keith

8/28/2005 01:23:00 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

Does buffelo taste the same as beef?

8/28/2005 04:47:00 AM  
Blogger Sabine said...

Not only is the boy jumping gay, if that cheerleader isn't a drag-queen I'll eat my hat.

8/28/2005 08:37:00 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Buffalo is leaner than beef. Supposedly healthier, too. The taste is identical.

Hm -- she's a guy in drag? Layers upon layers, Maureen!

8/28/2005 08:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's hot.

8/29/2005 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Make a helluva book cover, eh bam?

8/30/2005 06:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home