Friday, July 22, 2005

Only thin white women have orgasms. News at 11.

I was leafing through the July '05 issue of Wired when I found Annalee Newitz's story about female orgasms, "The Coming Boom". The subtitle says it all: "Big Pharma has made billions pumping up the male population. Now neuroscientists are reverse engineering the female orgasm." You can read the story online here. The article itself didn't capture my interest, though. I'd recently seen something that covered the same ground on one of the health & science networks. No, what caught my eye was the very eye-catching photo-mosaic of twenty-four women caught in the throes of orgasm. If you follow the above link and click on the photo in the left margin, you'll see what I mean. I really don't consider myself a member of the Political Correctness Police, but what's going on with the racial mix in this photo? I count three Asians, one Hispanic, and twenty-one white women. I see one, maybe two women who look overweight. Oh, and nearly all of them are attractive. They must be beautiful women, because they're making that face (I'm having a twelve pound baby, and he's coming out sideways!) and they're still cute. If you follow that photo link, you'll find a second link at the bottom for Beautiful Agony, a website that sells mpeg videos of men and women experiencing la petite mort.
Now, there's an expression I'm familiar with. This face says, "Yes, I'm having an orgasm. Can't you tell? I mean, how many TIMES do you have to ask? God, why did I have to hook up with such an insecure son of a bitch?"
I imagine this is my typical expression. Not so much pleasure as shock and awe. Honestly, I don't see what women see in men, and I particularly don't understand what my wife sees in me. Hell, I wouldn't have sex with me if I had any choice in the matter.
To watch people (mostly white, mostly good-looking, and mostly female) making funny faces, it'll cost you $US14.95 for 30 days, or $US99.95 for one year. Best of all, if two of you join, I'll be considered one of their "friends", and I'll get a month for free! Not that I'm a voyeur -- I mean, I am, but that's not the point. This looks good for a laugh. What better way to start your morning?
visit beautifulagony.com
D.
Technorati Tags:

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

I read that article too. I found the part about the woman that could "think off" or orgasm without touching herself to be very interesting. Now that's a neat trick.

7/22/2005 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

That Beautiful Agony banner seems to be a tad too wide for the blog setting and kicked your sidebar to the bottom.

7/22/2005 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

Oh, by the way, I don't know if I'm supposed to ask persmission, but I linked your blog on my site. Hope that's okay.

7/22/2005 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Okay? Okay? That's great! As I mentioned the other day, I want this blog to spread like . . . well, never mind. Thanks!

7/22/2005 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger g said...

The spammers spam can be seen on my site. It's the first post in the red section. The whole story is on my page

7/22/2005 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger g said...

Oops here it is.. http://killersplace.blogspot.com/

7/22/2005 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Pat J said...

I want this blog to spread like . . .

Uh, wildfire?

Or is that a touchy topic in your part of the world these days?

7/22/2005 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Killer: I looked at that idiot's website. Wow. I wonder what happened to the guy to make him hate Mr. Ed so much . . . did a horse bite off his weenie?

Excerpt from the comments thread:

lets just all talk about hating something that everyone hates: the Jews... cheap niggers

Yeah, yeah. Set up a 'horse hate blog' and what does it always come back to? The Jews and black people. (Or is Anonymous implying that Jews are cheap etc.?)

I'll bet he's blogging from behind bars.

7/22/2005 08:23:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Pat: I was referring to my tasteless comment the other day, that I wanted my blog to spread like a case of multi-drug resistant gonorrhea. Wildfire would be nice,too ;o)

7/22/2005 08:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In looking at some of these women who are supposedly "orgasming", I'd have to say that what they are experiencing isn't all that satisfying, and I'd say there are more women who can give themselves a better orgasm than some men can give them. I'm sure you've heard that a lot of women "fake it", well, the expression on most of these faces indicate FAKE!!!!!!!!!!

7/23/2005 01:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/23/2005 01:51:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hi Anonymous,

My wife's sentiments exactly. I suspect that some (if not all) of these folks are actors. The one mpeg that's free? That one looks particularly fake.

As for women being able to do the job better -- I thought that was an accepted fact. I'm still wondering what you need us for. Aside from opening stuck jars, of course ;o)

7/23/2005 02:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home