Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Blog Watch

Demented Michelle has a fine post today (Wednesday) on the benefits of blogging: I firmly believe, beyond attending conventions, one of the best networking mediums available to aspiring authors is blogging. She goes on to give a number of great tips on boosting traffic to your blog. Check it out.
***
In case you haven't visited The Dark Cabal yet, they're an anonymous group of SF aficionados who write intelligently about what they've been reading. They also engage in the occasional rant. In today's post, Safe Light has some thoughtful observations on Richard Bowes' Theres a Hole in the City, published in scifi.com. Bowes has responded in the comments, and even editor Ellen Datlow couldn't restrain herself from, erm, doing a bit of editing. Guess I better watch my mouth around there.
***
And then there's this photograph courtesy of Gwenda Bond, by way of Justine Larbalestier. Who says I don't get my news third-hand? Today, Gwenda Bond reprints an extended quote regarding the Philip K. Dick android. Check it out. D.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jona said...

Checked out Michelle's advice and it's good -- but I'm with you, and there's no way I'd ask someone to link to me (they might tell me why they don't want to ;o))

6/30/2005 09:03:00 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Actually, I wrote that response to DM rather sloppily. I'd meant to say that that was something I had never done, and it came out sounding like it was something I would never do. Although, now that I think of it, I'd much prefer the sneakier approach of hyping someone here and then dropping a line to them, "Oh, by the way, I said nice things about you."

The Scalzi approach (get my wife to slam their book) may not be the most politic method in the long run ;o)

6/30/2005 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home