Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sin City, yeah!

Karen and I went to see Sin City this afternoon. We left Jake behind, which turned out to be a good thing -- way too violent for him. Almost way too violent for me. I didn't do a Joe Bob Briggs-style amputation- or decapitation-count, but it was up there. Fortunately, none of it was particularly realistic. Good stuff, however. I can't think of a movie which captures the look and feel of a graphic novel quite as well as Sin City . . . The Crow comes close. Not a great writing weekend. I've done a fair bit of critting for others, and a lot of thinking about my prologue. Lev has given me a lot to chew on. Leading with my villains has thrown more than a couple of people, so I may go back to an older version of the prologue where I opened with one of my protag, and quickly segued into my villains -- first, clearly identifying them as such. That dumbs it down a bit, but clarity is paramount. D

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Yeah, I saw it last week. I was a big fan of the graphic novels (I've read Sin City (the Marv segment in the movie), A Dame to Kill For (unfilmed as yet), and The Big Fat Kill (Dwight's tale)), and the movie was almost shot-for-scene from the comics. It was amazing. Gruesome, big, ugly, twice as large as life and four times nastier. I will be going again, and soon, before it leaves my little city/town.

Nice blog, btw. You're sure as hell posting more often than I do...

-pat

4/10/2005 09:33:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hi Pat,

Re: posting more often. That way I don't have to actually do something like write.

See ya,

Doug

4/11/2005 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger 贝贝 said...

The Tax Return Crack-Up<3>
Granted, there are usuallyMicrosoft Office 2010write-ups when presidential contenders make their tax returns available, but the coverage falls far short of the Office 2010
full court press (pardon the pun) that the Clintons have received. What's Microsoft Office 2007different now?Office 2007One possibility is that most upper middle class Democrats, and therefore most Microsoft OfficeOffice 2007 keyeditors and reporters of our nation's big papers as well as Office 2007 downloadtelevision producers, are Obama supporters who think that Hillary should hurry up Office 2007 Professionaland drop out of the race already.Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook 2010Whom elite liberals are pulling for really does shape political coverage in ways

11/22/2010 12:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home